Top 5 Yachts

Hall Luthringer, Editor

#1: Octopus- Paul Allen’s 414 foot yacht is worth an estimated $250 million. The boat contains 41 cabins and a crew of 57 people. The yacht offers accommodation for up to 26 guests. The yacht is fully equipped with a pool, two helicopters, a movie theater, basketball court, and a recording studio.

#2: Azzam- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the owner of this 590 foot yacht. He is also the president of the United Arab Emirates. It is recognized as the largest private motor yacht in the world. The yacht cost $600 million to assemble and was launched on April 5, 2013. The yacht is equipped with its own submarine and missile defense system. It still manages to travel up to speeds of 35 knots.

#3: Madame Gu- is a super-yacht owned by the Gu Family. It is 325 feet long and can hold 36 crew members. Its maximum speed is 28 knots. Despite being a large vessel, it only accommodates 12 passengers. Madame Gu is reported to cost around $150 million.

#4: Eclipse- is owned by Roman Abramovich- Russian billionaire businessman, investor, politician. He is also the owner of Chelsea Football Club. Eclipse is the world’s second largest private yacht at 533 feet long. It is about 56 feet 9 inches shorter than Azzam. Eclipse has two helicopter pads, 24 guest cabins, two swimming pools, several hot tubs,  and a disco hall. She is also equipped with three launch boats and a mini-submarine that is capable of submerging to 160 feet. Approximately 70 crew members are needed to operate the yacht and serve the guests. Eclipse is also equipped with a missile detection system for security. She cost $500 million to build.

#5: Venus- is a super-yacht that was built for Steve Jobs. However, Jobs died in October 2011 and the yacht was unveiled a year later. The yacht is 256.6 feet long and accommodates up to 12 passengers. She is also capable of carrying up to 22 crew onboard in 14 cabins to ensure a relaxed luxury yacht experience. Venus reportedly cost $120 million to build.

1 Comment

One Response to “Top 5 Yachts”

1. adviser on January 9th, 2018 9:42 am

Crazy boats.

[Reply]

Top 5 Yachts