Taylor Swift Awarded Artist of The Decade

December 4, 2019

At the 2019 American Music Awards Taylor Swift was named Artist of the Decade. The pop star won 6 awards this year, making her total of AMA’s 29 and dethroning Michael Jackson from having the highest number of AMAs of 24. Swift has recently won her rights back to sing her older songs, because of her feud with Scooter Braun, her old record label manager. Taylor made a statement about this by including her old songs during her live performance at the AMA’s. On stage she sang The Man, Lover, Blank Space, Love Story, I Knew You Were Trouble, and Shake it Off where she was joined by Halsey and Camila Cabello. Taylor sang and danced in a gold sparkly bodysuit with fringe and suspenders. Along with the suit she wore a pink cape with gold sparkles on it. But at the start of her performance, she was wearing a white button-down shirt with the names of all her albums ever made in black. Before Swift continued to be awarded, she was introduced on stage by a video of her accomplishments throughout the years. Taylor was shortly after presented with the Decade Award by Carole King, a famous singer. King had a great impact on Swift growing up and was loved by her whole family. She also happened to be the person who inspired Swift to become an artist and who she is today.