Rachael Adelson is A True Leader

Rachael Adelson celebrates a goal during the Section 1 semifinal

Senior Rachael Adelson is a hard worker in and out of the classroom. Rachael took on quite the workload this year with a total of 5 AP courses and two electives. However, despite the difficulty of the courses and the heavy workload assigned in each, Rachael manages to excel in every class, and she does so without complaint. Many students tend to express their unease with the stress and assignments paired with each class; however, Rachael tackles each and every assignment diligently and attentively. Rachael is unquestionably a hard worker who is always looking to challenge herself in the classroom, a mindset she carries onto the soccer field.

Along with efficiently handling one of the densest schedules in Rye High School, Rachael Adelson is a standout on the soccer team. Rachael was one of three senior captains on the Rye Girl’s Varsity Soccer team this past fall, and she led the team to a league title– her third in a row– and a winning record of 16-1-2. Rachael is an explosive player and her foot skills are unmatched, which made her extremely difficult for Section 1 opponents to defend this past fall. Also, Rachael’s skills allowed her to dominate the left side of the field and score a total of 8 goals on the season, contributing to the team’s season total of 62 goals. Rachael also had 7 assists this fall, a stat that shows her selflessness on the ball and her ability to create opportunities for the team– a playmaker. Rachael’s array of goals and assists is impressive in itself; however, it does not speak for everything she did on and off the field for the team this past season.

Rachael taking on a defender

Rachael is undoubtedly one of the best players in the Section, but she is an even better teammate. Having been lucky enough to play alongside Rachael for almost ten years now, I can safely say that Rachael Adelson is one of the best leaders Rye Soccer has ever seen. She has always been the one to make everyone feel included and comfortable on a team, which had such a positive impact on the togetherness of the girl’s soccer team this past fall. Also, Rachael always came to practice with a smile on her face and ready to spark up a conversation with whomever she could, which only added to the family feel of the team. However, once practice started, Rachael would stop talking, tell everyone to get focused, and raise the intensity of each practice, allowing our team to grow and get better every day. Rachael was a true leader and teammate this past fall, and the legacy she has left on Rye Soccer will never be forgotten.

Side Note: Having played with Rachael for almost a decade, I think it is safe to say that she has come a long way since her red sport goggle Rye Racers days.