Top 10 Songs of the Summer!

Top 10 Songs of the Summer!

Johnny Cronin, Editor

-Top Ten Songs This Summer-

1

In My Feelings – Drake

On July 30th, Drake released his album, “Scorpion”, containing 25 songs including “In My Feelings.”  This song blew up as a result of celebrities dancing to it such as, WIll Smith, OBJ, James Harden, Russell Wilson, Victor Oladipo, and many, many others

2

I Like It – Cardi B, Bad Bunny, and J Balvin

On May 25th, Cardi B, released “I Like It”, featuring Bad Bunny, and J Balvin.  This song took Cardi B, 7 months to complete, and this was all going down as she was pregnant with newborn, Kulture, her and Offset’s first child

3

Stargazing – Travis Scott

Travis Scott released his highly anticipated album, “Astroworld”, on August 13th, 2018 at Midnight, with a star studded cast of features including Drake, 21 Savage, Sheck Wes, and many others. Stargazing was possibly the most hyped up song of the summer.  Travis performed Stargazing, at The Governors Ball, on June 3rd, raising the bar for the whole album

4

Nice For What – Drake

Drake’s second big hit of the summer comes in the same album, “Scorpion”, which includes, “In My Feelings”, “Mob Ties”, any many others.  Nice For What, was nominated for the, Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer, which is very impressive.  Drake continues to be a big hit machine, and Nice For What, is just one of them

5

Lucid Dreams – Juice WRLD

This song put Juice WRLD on the map, as it was #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was the intro to Juice WRLD’s fame, and was apart of his album, “Goodbye and Good Riddance”.  Lucid Dreams was nominated for MTV Video Music Award for the Best Song of the Summer. Lucid Dreams was a huge hit this Summer!

6

Psycho – Post Malone (ft. Ty Dolla $ign)

Post dropped, Beerbongs & Bentleys, on February 23rd, 2018, releasing multiple hits including Rockstar, with 21 Savage, and other songs. Psycho features, Ty Dolla $ign, and was a clear Top 100 hit on Billboard!

7

Mona Lisa – Lil Wayne (Feat. Kendrick Lamar)

Carter V is the twelfth studio album by rapper, Lil Wayne. It was released on September 28, 2018, and included huge hits such as Mona Lisa, Don’t Cry, and Uproar.  Mona Lisa is featured with Kendrick Lamar and sits on top of Spotify’s, United States Top 50.

8

The Middle – Zedd, Maren Morris, and Grey

Zedd dropped, The Middle, along with Maren Morris and Grey, hitting top charts across the world.  This is a part of his album, “538 Hitzone 85”, and was a huge hit for Zedd. The Middle, got voted as the “Radio Disney Music Award for Best Dance Track”

9

Yes Indeed – Drake & Lil Baby

Yes Indeed” is a song by rappers Lil Baby and Drake, and was released on May 15th, 2018, shattering top charts across the rap game.  The song was produced by Wheezy, and was apart of Lil Baby’s album, “Harder Then Ever”

10

SAD! – XXXTENTACION

“SAD!” Was released on March 18th, 2018 and has managed to stay on the top charts since, due to the passing of XXTENTACION, on June 21st, 2018, and is apart of X’s finals album before he died, “?’