Stranger Things in the Summer?

Stranger Things in the Summer?

The recent hit Stranger Things has caused a huge frenzy among the American public. People are obsessed with its thrilling plot and diverse actors. The Stranger Things season 3 premiere was expected to be released around this month, but fans have been told that the new season isn’t coming out until Summer 2019. The last season was released on October 27, 2017. From that date, fans will have to wait a year and a half to see the new season.

Stranger Things producers assure viewers and fans that season 3 will be worth the wait, but fans are mad that the producers promised a season premiere this year and didn’t follow through. Many fans agree that if the producers knew the 3rd season would be this time consuming to make, they shouldn’t have set the date for this year. Junior Olivia Dabinett said, “I feel like I have waited long enough.” Cindy Holland, the vice president of original filming at Netflix, stated “ I think it’s going to be an incredible season and worth the wait.” However, if the wait isn’t worth it, Stranger Things fans will likely be outraged. Junior Katie Sack added, “This is an outrage.” Some fans liked when the show had a late fall release because of the proximity to Halloween, making both Halloween and Stranger Things more exciting. Junior Grace Macdonald said “I like when the new season coincides with Halloween because it makes Halloween much more festive.” Junior Kristin Chapman elaborated, saying, “The show fits the season of Halloween.”

I don’t think Stranger Things producers and directors truly understand how well the show fits the season of Halloween and Fall. In the summer, people are in beach mode, not scary mode, so the hype won’t be present. The aggravation this show is causing, even if it’s supposed to be “worth the wait,” will cause people to dislike the show, potentially making Stranger Things lose fans if Season 3 isn’t good. For now, we can only catch up on old seasons and try to enjoy Halloween without a new season of Stranger Things.