Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh faces numerous sexual misconduct allegations

Last week, CA professor Christine Blasey Ford came forward to publicly accuse Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, of sexually assaulting her at a party when they were in high school.

The details of Ford’s accusation are disturbing. According to Ford, Kavanaugh was 17 years old and drunk when he pinned 15 year old Ford to a bed and attempted to rip her clothes off, covering her mouth to keep her from screaming.

Ford also identified Kavanaugh’s friend, Mark Judge, as being in the room when Kavanaugh assaulted her. Both Judge and Kavanaugh have denied these allegations.

Since Ford has come forward, she has received multiple death threats prompting her to flee her home, but she has agreed to testify in court if her security is guaranteed. In the meantime, Ford has asked the FBI to investigate Kavanaugh.

From left, Christine Blasey Ford and Brett Kavanaugh. Image from BBC.com.

Just when things couldn’t get any more complicated, Deborah Ramirez, who went to Yale with Kavanaugh, claims that Kavanaugh revealed himself to her at a dorm party during the 1983-84 school year. Although Ramirez was at first hesitant to speak publicly about her assault due to gaps in her memory from drinking, after reviewing her thoughts and speaking to her attorney, she has decided with certainty that Kavanaugh was her assaulter. However, Ramirez has also called on the FBI to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in her assault.

Kavanaugh claims that these allegations “never happened” and are “a smear” by the Democrats to make him look bad and lose the nomination. However, Kavanaugh’s high school yearbook has provided evidence of his drinking habits at Georgetown Prep, and makes repeated references to a girl named “Renate.” According to The New York Times, Kavanaugh and his friends made a game out of their “supposed conquests” with Renate Schroeder.

Last night, Julie Swetnick also said that Kavanaugh attended a party in high school where she was gang raped. Although Kavanaugh was not involved in the rape, Swetnick accused Kavanaugh of spiking girls drinks and pressing up on them without their consent.

Things are looking bleak for Kavanaugh, who is scheduled to testify against Christine Blasey Ford in front of the Senate Judiciary Court today. The hearing will start at 10am and will be open to the public. The Senate Judiciary will vote on whether or not Brett Kavanaugh will be recommended to appear before the Senate on Friday at 9:30am. If Kavanaugh is approved, it will be up to the Senate will decide if Kavanaugh will get the SCOTUS position. Eyes are on Republican Senators who could potentially sway this decision. How this court case plays out will likely set an important precedent for how society views sexual assault allegations, and how both accusers and the accused are treated.