NFL Draft Day for the New York Giants

Top 3 prospects for Big Blue

NFL Draft Day for the New York Giants

The 2018 NFL draft is now only days away now and on Thursday night the first round of the draft will unfold. The Giants have a chance to get a pretty good player. What they’re looking for is something more like a generational player such as Lawrence Taylor. No matter what happens and who the Giants select there are a handful of great players for the Giants to add to their roster.

1. Saquon Barkley (Penn State running back)- In my opinion he is hands down the best and most talented player in his draft class. Barkley is a legit running back and could also be a huge force on special teams as a returner.  If the Giants intend on taking their highest-rated player and not a quarterback, Barkley is expected to be the choice. However if the Browns select Josh Allen, it can make decisions a lot harder for the Giants either choosing “the best” player in the draft or choose a quarterback for the future. It’s just seems unlikely now that Darnold is available. He should go No. 1. That makes Barkley my most likely selection for the Giants at No. 2.

2. Bradley Chubb ( NC State Defensive-End)- Bradley Chubb is the best pass-rusher in the draft and cannot be discarded, especially with a head coach like Gettleman. He is known to have an affinity for linemen and pass-rushers running the show. Some of it will have to do with positional value such as getting a running back in the second round who is capable of starting immediately is possible. Finding another pass-rusher is a lot more difficult. Chubb is head and shoulders above the other pass-rushers in this draft. Which makes him a standout player and a potential 2nd overall pick in this draft.

3. Sam Darnold (USC Quarterback)- He’s believed to be the Giants’ first choice at quarterback. He has his supporters in the building it’s just that the Cleveland Browns seem more likely than not to select him No. 1. If they don’t, I’d expect the Giants to take him at No. 2., being that Darnold has the perfect makeup and demeanor to make him the ideal candidate to replace Manning.