Teams that make the most sense for Dez Bryant

Where will The 30 year old Vet Go?

Michael Weinstein and Max Kenney

Dez Bryant’s eight year career in Dallas came to an end on Friday when the Dallas Cowboys released him. Dez Bryant was costly for a receiver who hasn’t surpassed 1,000 yards in a season since 2014. Dez was set to make $12.5 million in the 2018 season and count $16.5 million against the cap. These are just six out of the 32 possible NFL teams that can sign the Veteran wide receiver.

1. The Buffalo Bills- The Buffalo Bills have a need for a receiver. The past year they have invested in Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin but the results have left the Bills wondering what they will do next. The Bills also lost Deonte Thompson and Jordan Matthews due to the free agency, so they could use veteran help that Dez Bryant could deliver.

2. New Orleans Saints- The Saints have been stressing on improving their receiving core this offseason. The Saints missed out on high profile targets such as Jimmy Graham and Jordy Nelson. Although the Saints don’t really have the salary cap to afford Bryant he would be a nice addition to the Saints offense.

3. Green Bay Packers- It would be unethical for the Packers to add a player like Bryant because  the Martellus Bennett signing didn’t go as planned. Despite Dez’s past and persona he would fit nicely into the Green Bay offense, which has a hole because of Jordy Nelson being released. Overall the Packers could use another deep threat to replace Jordy Nelson.

4. Baltimore Ravens- Bryant fits a familiar Ravens profile, a soon to be 30-year old receiver who has a chip on his shoulder after being cut. In the past they have had success with that type of player with Derrick Mason, Steve Smith SR., and Mike Wallace. The Ravens are showing their interest in receivers by talking to Eric Decker and reaching out to Allen Hurns and also recently signed Michael Crabtree, Dez could infuse some talent into the Baltimore offensive attack.

5. Cincinnati Bengals- Like the Ravens, the Bengals know they need to make something happen with this current version of the roster and coaching staff, or else management may actually consider making substantive changes. A.J. Green cannot operate this offense alone and John Ross faces an uphill climb after an injury-riddled 2017.  Bryant would fit Cincinnati’s habit of shopping in the free agent bargain bin and would give Andy Dalton an instant upgrade inside the 20-yard line.

6. Seattle Seahawks-  They’re tight against the cap, but Bryant could replace a similar dynamic Seattle loss with Jimmy Graham. Bryant has experience playing with two improvisational quarterbacks who can create a secondary play on the move, and may fit in well with Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin.

1 Comment

One Response to “Teams that make the most sense for Dez Bryant”

1. adviser on April 17th, 2018 8:27 am

Just as long as he doesn’t come to the Giants

• Teams that make the most sense for Dez Bryant

Baseball

Kyler Murray…MLB or NFL?

Football

Should There Be A NFL Pro Bowl?

Football

Super Bowl 53

Football

Saints v Rams Recap

Football

AFC/NFC Championship Preview

Football

Is Adam Gase a Robot?

• Football

Emmet and Jasper Ask: Super Bowl Picks (Conference Championship)

Football

Fantasy Football Year In Review

Football

NFL Wild Card Predictions, Schedule

• Football

Emmet and Jasper: NFL week 11