Is Odell Beckham Jr’s Time in New York Coming To An End?

Star Wideout's future is a hot topic on the NFL rumor mill

PITTSBURGH, PA - DECEMBER 04:  Odell Beckham #13 of the New York Giants looks on from the sidelines in the second half during the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on December 4, 2016 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

PITTSBURGH, PA - DECEMBER 04: Odell Beckham #13 of the New York Giants looks on from the sidelines in the second half during the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on December 4, 2016 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

The New York Giants, and their star studded wide receiver, Odell Beckham Jr.,  are currently operating under a holdout within his contract extension.  Beckham was a 12th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, and has been with the Giants for 4 years.  Throughout those 4 years, Beckham has battled injuries such as hamstring tear, fractured ankle, and the other minor injuries, keeping him off the field.  Beckham has had one complete season, in his 4 years, making the Giants organization wonder if Odell Beckham Jr. is too injury prone?  That might well be the case, but when he is healthy and on the field, he is one of the most athletic and elusive receivers in the league.  Not to mention, his incomparable hands and his ability to make one-handed catches, including his one handed catch against the Dallas Cowboys, which might go down as the best catch of all time.  The 3x Pro Bowler, is easily one of the best at his job in the league, but his off the field  action and attitude, and injuries, might put the New York Giants, to either stay put with the star, or move on, and save cap space, and bring in more players!

Odell Beckham Jr. catching the ball with 3 fingers, known as “The Catch”, against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football!

This off season, has been one of the most crazy free-agency’s the league has seen in its 98 years of football, as players are being shifted around like musical chairs.  Names such as Marcus Peters (KC-LAR), Jarvis Landry (MIA-CLE), Jimmy Graham (SEA-GB), and others, are just some of the notable moves.  Is Odell Beckham Jr., next on that list, or will he stay put in that white and blue uniform, playing for the New York Giants.  What’s the problem, why don’t the Giants just resign him? Well, Beckham isn’t looking for rookie contract money, he has demanded 20 Million dollars a year or else he won’t partake in the season.  President of the New York Giants, and Rye Native, John Mara said, ” “We’re certainly not shopping him, if that’s what you’re asking. When you’re coming off a season when you’re 3-13 and played as poorly as we played, I wouldn’t say anybody’s untouchable.’’.  As of today, trade rumors have been circulating all across social media about this news.  Teams such as the Rams, Browns, and Bengals, were teams with the biggest attention around them.  The Giants are asking at least a 1st round pick for Beckham, if they result in trading him!

Odell Beckham Jr. is a 3x Pro Bowler, and a 2014 Offensive Rookie Player of the Year!

Before you know it, Odell and the Giants, can agree to terms and put all there attention to the upcoming season, or Giants fans may be seeing Odell in another uniform, depending on what goes down between Beckham and the Giants. By the way, these types of holdouts happen all the time with stars, asking for to much money, but the organization not willing to play, such as Leveon Bell, of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Overall, Odell Beckham Jr., is a human highlight reel, with unbelievable athleticism, but, will off the field issues, lead Beckham out of the “Big Apple”?  Keep up to date to find out the latest information on who executes the next move!

1 Comment

One Response to “Is Odell Beckham Jr’s Time in New York Coming To An End?”

1. adviser on March 27th, 2018 8:33 am

Excellent recap. As spectacular as he can be his drops in the wildcard game against the Packers in December 2016 cost the Giants a potential deep playoff run two seasons ago. If they overpay him, he will never be worth the cost.

• Is Odell Beckham Jr’s Time in New York Coming To An End?

Football

Winners and Losers of the NFL Trade Deadline

Football

Nick Mullens: Winning On and Off the Field

Football

The Incredible Story of Adam Thielen: The Unlikely Superstar

Football

A Giant Disaster: What is Wrong with Big Blue?

Football

The Good and Bad of the New Roughing the Passer Penalty

Football

Top 5 Landing Spots for Le’Veon Bell

Football

NFL Approves New Anthem Rule

Football

NFL Draft Day for the New York Giants

Football

Teams that make the most sense for Dez Bryant

Football

The Breakdown of the Jason Pierre-Paul Trade