MMG Founder Rick Ross Hospitalized

The Don is back at his Miami home recovering.

Hall Luthringer, Editor

Thursday, March 1-  Rapper/Maybach Music Group Founder Rick Ross was found unresponsive at his home near Miami. Media outlet TMZ initially reported that Ross became seriously ill and was hospitalized. TMZ later reported that Ross was suffering from heart-related respiratory problems and was hooked up to a life-support machine that was assisting with his heart and lung functions.

After receiving a call at 3:30 AM on Thursday,  The Davie Police Department reported that when they arrived at his home, the rapper was breathing heavily, unresponsive, and “slobbing out of the mouth.” Apparently Ross became “combative” with emergency personnel before the police arrived on scene. Additionally, the police department added in the report that he defecated on himself. MMG/Dreamchasers fan Jack Hartman said “It’s time for Rick Ross to change his eating habits and cut back on the cigars. He needs to eat more pears and take care of himself.”

Ross, 42, has a history of poor eating habits and seizures. Just two years ago, Ross weighed 350 lbs, slept an average of three hours a night, and would often find himself eating 24 0z steaks at 4:00 in the morning. No, I’m not making this up.  In 2011, Ross was hospitalized after suffering from two episodes in Birmingham, Alabama on two separate planes. Initially he stated that a “lack of sleep” caused the seizures, but afterwards he changed his lifestyle and diet for the better.

Today, Ross owns several Wingstop and Checkers franchises. When interviewed by Forbes, Ross said he purchased several Wingstop franchises because “I just love Wingstop.” Around this time last year Ross began #ROSSFIT, his version of CrossFit. He stated, “Being in better shape, it affects everything. Of course your health. Of course your psyche, your confidence.” I’m not entirely sure what happened, but Ross lost his healthy mentality. More often than not, he posts meet up locations (usually a Checkers or a Wingstop) where fans can greet him and indulge in a burger or lemon pepper wings. The Boss is a big traveler and tends to eat fast food frequently. Just recently he posted a video of himself having Checkers delivered to the studio. Hopefully Renzel has a speedy recovery and will be releasing music soon.