Kristaps tears ACL in loss to Bucks as Playoff Hopes and Future take a Dark Turn

Porzingis on the floor immediatly after the ACL Tear

Jack Hartman, Editor

It was a rare moment where Knicks fans went from pure ecstasy to pure devastation.

Kristaps Porzingis had a hot start to the game, hitting 4 of his 5 shots and had just finished posterizing fellow rising star Giannis Antetokounmpo when his knee buckled and he went to the floor clutching his leg.  He slammed his fist on the ground in frustration a few times before being helped off by Knicks assistants while Madison Square Garden held its breath.  The Knicks announced later that Knicks that Kristaps has suffered the dreaded ACL Tear that is so common in basketball.

Porzingis, the Knicks face of the franchise

This development permanently shuts any hope of making the playoffs this year, and forces Knicks brass to be sellers with the trade deadline just days away.  The one potential silver lining in this injury is that it forces the front office to embraces a full tanking effort for this season in hopes of landing a top 3 pick, something that is the most beneficial option long term whether Kristaps was injured or not.

Everyone hopes he can recover quickly, as seen on NBA Twitter last night.  Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, and former teammate Carmelo Anthony wished him a speedy recovery as well as his coaches and teammates.  Hopefully the unicorn can come back better than ever.

Porzingis driving on Lebron James